Diigo Bookmarks 06/09/2019
- Characteristics of a Strong Performance Culture - Web Performance Consulting | TimKadlec.com
"Top-down support / Data-driven / Clear targets / Automation / Knowledge sharing / Culture of experimentation / User focused, not tool focused"
- ISO/IEC 30071-1:2019 - Information technology -- Development of user interface accessibility -- Part 1: Code of practice for creating accessible ICT products and services
"This document gives guidelines for building and maintaining ICT systems (including products and services) that are accessible to diverse users (including users with disabilities and older people)."
- What if we got aspect-ratio sized images by doing almost nothing? | CSS-Tricks
"I heard from Jen Simmons about an absolutely fantastic way to handle this: put a default aspect ratio into the UA stylesheet based on the elements existing width and height attributes."
- CSS Grid Level 2 - subgrid is coming to Firefox - Mozilla Hacks - the Web developer blog
"The subgrid feature which is part of Level 2 of the CSS Grid Specification is not yet shipping in any browser, but is now available for testing in Firefox Nightly."
"The JAMstack is not about specific technologies. It's a new way of building websites and apps that delivers better performance, higher security, lower cost of scaling, and a better developer experience."
- Audits in Web Inspector | WebKit
"Accessibility includes a handful of test cases that check for DOM accessibility best practices on the inspected page, such as the example mentioned at the beginning of this post, in accordance with the WAI-ARIA specification. The Accessibility audit serves as a great starting point for making sure that your page is accessible."
- Why I'm still using jQuery in 2019
"You can look at Bootstrap removing jQuery for an example of how much effort it can be to use vanilla JS: they wrote their own helpers, had to drop IE support as it was too hard to add, made the API incompatible ("we broke everything"), and spent a year and a half working on it. If I look at the end result, I can't really say it's that much better."