Diigo Bookmarks 01/13/2019
- On the importance of testing with content blockers
"I recommend everyone to browse with content blockers turned on. The goal: protection against tracking. Safari and Firefox have good tracking protection features. With more people using these features, we should test our sites with content blockers turned on."
- Dear Developer, The Web Isn't About You - sonniesedge.co.uk
"The web's success is built on it being robust. That robustness has made it work for everybody As a result, people all over that planet now depend on the web, for their livelihoods, for social interaction, for their health"
- It's 2019 and I Still Make Websites with my Bare Hands
"I don't even minify page assets (except image compression, which is just a drag-and-drop onto tinypng.com), mostly because I'm lazy. But you know what? Page load times are still pretty fantastic."
- Understanding the Virtual DOM
- Level Up Your GitHub Experience with Chrome Extensions
"The following is a rundown of my favorite GitHub extensions on my preferred browser, Google Chrome. While I am focusing on Chrome extensions, you'll find that there are plenty of GitHub extensions for other browsers, too."
- Have you tried to dab some coconut oil on your spine? - Accessibility Scotland
"Switch it around, focus on users first. Then maybe learn some assistive technologies. Then see what tools can you use to help these people or make your site more accessible, and then you have the WCAG guidelines in the background. That's a much better process according to me."
- quicklink/README.md at master · GoogleChromeLabs/quicklink
"Faster subsequent page-loads by prefetching in-viewport links during idle time"