Diigo Bookmarks 07/24/2018
- Starbucks to Open First U.S. Signing Store | Starbucks Newsroom
"Starbucks will hire 20-25 Deaf, hard of hearing and hearing partners from across the country to work at the Signing Store with a requirement that all be proficient in American Sign Language (ASL)."
- Assistive Technologies I Test With - daverupert.com
"After a recent talk on Accessibility, I was asked during the Q&A about what Assistive Technologies (AT) I test with while I'm developing. Such a good question!"
- Testing for accessibility - Service Manual - GOV.UK
"think about accessibility from the start / run your own accessibility tests regularly throughout development / get a formal accessibility audit before you go into public beta"
- Listening to Poo, Your Emoji and You • The Breakroom
"The Iconfactory recently introduced a new feature in Twitterrific that allows users to turn off Emoji in names. When activated, these problematic characters are no longer displayed or used by VoiceOver, resulting in a smoother reading experience."
- Pedal-powered machines take to the sky for Northamptonshire's daredevil flight contest - Northampton Chronicle and Echo
"The teams are rated on landing accuracy, unassisted take-off performance and a 500m slalom course. This year the 'Jacobson figure of eight' has been introduced - with a £1,000 award for the pilot who can achieve the most."
- Entry list of Japan International Birdman Rally 2018 | Japanese HPA
"They are 21 gliders, and 12 distance of HPAs. As already announced, time trial of HPA category had been discontinued."