Diigo Bookmarks 06/27/2018
- Browsers that respect your privacy - mobiForge
"with all this additional attention on security, how has the industry responded? We took a look at the big hitters as well as some of the more niche browsers out there to review what your privacy options are."
- Short note on progressive ARIA | The Paciello Group - Your Accessibility Partner (WCAG 2.0/508 audits, VPAT, usability and accessible user experience)
- WCAG 2.1: Exploring the New Success Criteria - Level Access
"WCAG 2.1 also adds a new guideline (input modalities) and a new conformance requirement note (added to the Full Page Conformance Requirement)."
- Accessibility inspector - Firefox Developer Tools | MDN
"The accessibility inspector provides a means to access important information exposed to assistive technologies on the current page via the accessibility tree, allowing you to check what's missing or otherwise needs attention. This article takes you through the main features of the accessibility inspector and how to use it."
- Adactio: Journal--Why Design Systems Fail by Una Kravets
"It's like going to the gym. Small incremental changes make a big difference over the long term. If you just work out for three months and then stop, you'll lose all your progress. It's like that with design systems."
- Pixels vs. Ems: Users DO Change Font Size - Evan Minto - Medium
"The question was "How many users browse the main Internet Archive site with a default font size other than the common value of 16 pixels?" By knowing this, we would determine how many users would be affected by sizing with relative units like rems/ems."