Diigo Bookmarks 11/13/2017
- Designing Adobe's Evolving Brand System - Prototypr
"We wanted the new Adobe style to be beautiful, ownable, and scalable. While beautiful is subjective, and ownability can come through consistency, scalability was the most important quality to focus on, since we have such a large product offering."
- Is text sizing dead? | AlastairC
"The mechanism of adding a user-stylesheet to your browser is very rare because one set of styles doesn't work effectively across websites. However, extensions like Stylish are much more common (1.7 million users) as they can apply per website."
- Using SVG as placeholders -- More Image Loading Techniques
"We have seen different tools and techniques to generate SVGs from images and use them as placeholders. The same way WebP is a fantastic format for thumbnails, SVG is also an interesting format to use in placeholders."
- Discover The Fatwigoo - otsukare
"SVG icons are stretching by default to the width of the viewport. Nothing wrong with that, but you can improve the rendering for people like me who prefers sad-boring-peaceful web pages."
- Google set to remove apps from Play Store that use Accessibility Services not designed for users with disabilities | 9to5Google
"While applications like LastPass use the available APIs to identify password fields in other apps, this level of access can be used maliciously."
- Voice First: The Future of Interaction?
"Voice-first Interaction refers to a system which primarily accepts user input via voice commands, and may augment audio output with a tightly integrated screen display."