Diigo Bookmarks 10/25/2017
- Funkify | Accessibility simulator
"Funkify is a brand new plugin for Chrome that helps you experience the web and interfaces through the eyes of extreme users with different abilities and disabilities."
- Saying Goodbye to Firebug ★ Mozilla Hacks - the Web developer blog
"it's sad that Firebug is now reaching end-of-life in the Firefox browser, with the release of Firefox Quantum (version 57) next month. The good news is that all the capabilities of Firebug are now present in current Firefox Developer Tools."
- Can You Afford It?: Real-world Web Performance Budgets - Infrequently Noted
"The default global baseline is a ~$200 Android device on a 400Kbps link with a 400ms round-trip-time ("RTT"). This translates into a budget of ~130-170KB of critical-path resources, depending on composition -- the more JS you include, the smaller the bundle must be."
- Introducing ACE: Accessibility Checker for EPUB | Inclusive Publishing
"We intend to release version 1.0 later this year. There's already a bunch of improvements on our radar, including better configurability, more EPUB-specific rules, basic support for EPUB 2, localization, integration with EpubCheck,... Stay tuned!"
- Stop Designing For Only 85% Of Users: Nailing Accessibility In Design - Smashing Magazine
"The visual interface is an obvious place to begin digging into accessibility. In this article, we'll discuss some of the most common visual impairments, focusing on color-blindness to explain how you can make small changes to your workflow and products to ensure you're not alienating users."
- Don't Use ARIA Menu Roles for Site Nav | Adrian Roselli
"A properly-coded web page navigation menu needs no ARIA. Once you add ARIA, however, you have put yourself on the hook to handle some complex interactions."