Diigo Bookmarks 08/30/2017
- JoeReynoldsAudio | Maintainble CSS
"This article will glance over various ways of creating a design that you don't (or shouldn't) have to keep coming back to again and again to fix layout issues."
- Making the Web More Accessible With AI - Hacker Noon
"I decided to make a tool to help visually impaired individuals "see" the internet with the power of AI. It's called Auto Alt Text and is a chrome extension that allows users to right click and get a description of the scene in an image -- the first to do so."
- SpeedCurve | The average web page is 3MB. How much should we care?
"You can have large, robust pages that still feel fast. But you should care about page bloat in terms of how it affects mobile users, especially mobile-only users who are dealing with bandwidth constraints or data limits."
- Here's a Super Quick Way to Try out CSS Grid | Jen Simmons
"A lot of people are getting excited about CSS Grid, and want to learn it. A lot of people are also super busy. So let me teach you some very basic things about Grid, and get you started with a 5-minute taste."
- Designing for the Arab User -- Basic Arabic UX for Business
"At the same time, 60% of Arabs (and as many as 97% in Saudi Arabia and Egypt) declare that Arabic would be their language of choice when browsing or shopping online. Meanwhile, only 5% of global content is in that language"
- Breaking Down a CSS Grid Layout, an article by Tim Wright
"There are already a lot of great articles out there explaining in depth what you can do with Grid Layout (I linked to some of them at the bottom of this post), so I'm not here writing an "Intro to CSS Grid Layout," kind of thing"