Raindrop.io Bookmarks 01/11/2021
- A picture element to load correctly resized webp images in HTML | Stefan Judis Web Development
"The source elements include not only a type attribute but also srcset and sizes. These two attributes are core parts of responsive images and can be applied to the source element, too."
- What Is the Jamstack in 2021? | Remote Synthesis
"So for 2021, let's start first by dropping the JAM acronym (in my opinion, it creates more confusion than it helps nowadays). It's just Jamstack not JAMstack. It's an architecture or a methodology rather than a "stack" of specific tools - so, yeah, the stack part of the name is a bit confusing but it's the name we have."
- Understanding SC 4.1.3 Status messages • Digital A11Y
"Ensure focusable messages are not considered as status messages."
- An Innovation Path to a More Accessible World - Office of the CTO Blog
"After 15 months of development (and plenty of love, sweat, and tears), I am excited to announce Crest, an open source tool that helps developers conduct better automated software testing, enabling compliance with ADA guidelines and improving accessibility for people with disabilities."
- Math is hard. People with disabilities matter - Sarah Horton
"Ensuring people with disabilities can participate must be reason enough to build accessible and usable products -- whether for one person, one thousand, or one billion."
- `aspect-ratio` is going to deprecate FitVids | CSS-Tricks
"Jen was just tweetin' about how the latest Safari Technical Preview has aspect-ratio. Looks like Chrome and Firefox both have it behind a flag, so with Safari joining the party, we'll all have it soon."