Raindrop.io Bookmarks 01/08/2021
- 2021 accessibility predictions. Yeah, machine learning and... | by Sheri Byrne-Haber, CPACC | Dec, 2020 | UX Collective
"Accessibility is a program, not a project. Also, accessibility needs to be considered throughout the product life cycle. If people don't understand that now, the WCAG 2.2 update in 2021 and the planned 3.0 update in 2022 may enlighten them."
- Death of the PDF? Not quite, but it's great news for accessibility - Econsultancy
"On the 7th December 2020, the UK government updated its content design guidance for open formats. The update has underlined its commitment to open standards and clearly mandated GOV.UK publishers to provide accessible alternatives to PDFs."
- Usablenet - Predictions of Trends in Digital Accessibility for 2021
"Unlike a wheelchair ramp violation, there are no clear standards for digital accessibility in the ADA. Resulting in a digital claim being hard to dismiss at an early stage."
- A Fun List of Browsers You've Never Heard Of - The History of the Web
"They took the rendering engine from the in-progress browser that would eventually become Mozilla Firefox, and adapted it to the native Mac Cocoa API. The result was Chimera, later renamed to Camino, which had its first version in beta in 2002, a year before Safari -- the first official browser from the Apple team -- hit the market."
- W3C Advisory Committee Elects Technical Architecture Group | W3C News
"The W3C Advisory Committee has elected the following people to the W3C Technical Architecture Group (TAG): Amy Guy (Digital Bazaar), Sangwhan Moon (W3C Invited Expert), Theresa O'Connor (Apple, Inc.) and Lea Verou (W3C Invited Expert)."
- A Book Apart, Sustainable Web Design
"In Sustainable Web Design, Tom Greenwood offers a practical path to faster, more carbon-efficient websites that are not only better for the planet, but better for our users."