Raindrop.io Bookmarks 12/13/2020
- CSS custom properties are not variables | Web Platform News
""Custom properties" and "variables" both appear in the spec's text dozens of times and even in the spec's own title ("CSS Custom Properties for Cascading Variables")."
- A plan for accessible maps - Benjy Stanton
"The following isn't perfect, I'm really just sharing my workings so far. I hope that if you can see something is wrong or missing, you'll point it out. I'll definitely iterate and add to this post in future."
- Progressive Enhancement and the Modern Web - Markus Oberlehner
"Thanks to the server-side rendering and backend capabilities of those frameworks, nothing stops us from building progressively enhanced websites; nothing but the fact that the tools and frameworks we use are not built with Progressive Enhancement in mind."
- Web Performance Calendar » A font-display setting for slow connections
"font-display: swap is a very good option for users with a fast internet connection. But its infinite swap period could be frustrating for users on very slow and unstable connections."
- Automatic Social Share Images | ryanfiller.com
"Rather than making one-off images in Photoshop for each post like I have done in the past, I decided to create each image dynamically in HTML."