Diigo Bookmarks 01/04/2020
- Is "is" Useful? | CSS-Tricks
"Browser support is just starting to get there and polyfilling is hard, so we aren't at day-to-day no-brainer use levels quite yet. I'd bet it's not too far away."
- How Running Your Own Website Is Much Better for You Than You Think · Jens Oliver Meiert
"As a web professional, running your own website is an asset. There is no downside unless you're really bad at your work, in which case you should all the more run a site."
- Monokai: a trip through Japan
"Photos from a journey through Japan in the spring of 2019."
- Quantum supremacy and nine SEO trends that'll flip 2020 on its head - Search Engine Watch Search Engine Watch
"Google just released a new update in October of 2019 called BERT (which is based on NLP), which has impacted the ranking of more than 10% of queries in Google."
- Russia's Newest Weather Satellite May Have Been Killed By Space Junk | Hackaday
"Based on the data, it appears that Meteor-M 2-2 was struck by a micrometeoroid - either a natural chunk of space rock or some piece of man-made debris. The SUV-sized satellite was sent spinning violently out of control by the impact. It immediately put itself into a safe mode to protect its instrumentation and give ground controllers time to regain control, which they eventually did."
- How To Decide Which PWA Elements Should Stick -- Smashing Magazine
"When used properly, fixed elements can encourage more mobile visitors to take action right where they are. And this works for all kinds of websites."