Diigo Bookmarks 10/06/2019
- Unexpected accessibility tips - Chris Cid ∣ CJCid
"Inclusivity --and accessibility-- is not only about disabilities. Is about creating solutions accessible to everybody, either are disable or not. Is about caring for the usability in any circumstances people are facing. And to care about people's environments, such as the devices that are using."
- Mozilla disables TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Firefox Nightly in preparation of deprecation - gHacks Tech News
"Major browser makers such as Mozilla and Google announced in 2018 that support for the decade-old standards would be dropped in 2020 to improve the security and performance of Internet connections."
- Chromium Blog: Chrome UI for Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions
"Last October we announced our plans to remove support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Chrome 81. In this post we're announcing a pre-removal phase in which we'll introduce a gentler warning UI, and previewing the UI that we'll use to block TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Chrome 81."
- What is a CDN? (As Explained to a 5 Year Old)
"In ordering your pizza, there are two scenarios we want to discuss. One scenario involves ordering from a mom-and-pop shop that has a single location. The other scenario involves ordering from a chain that has multiple locations."
- A love letter to my website - DESK Magazine
"Call me old fashioned, call me nostalgic, call this a self-serving attempt to convince you to use Semplice.com. All of those accusations are at least partially accurate. But the real truth is that as long as we're putting our work in someone else's hands, we forfeit our ownership over it."
- Infinite Scrolling & Role=Feed Accessibility Issues | Deque
"As of now, all the screen readers on various platforms seem to support role=feed. Note: While the role=feed is currently supported, there is a high probability a browser or screen reader update might change this compatibility at any moment."
- Designing a focus style | Zell Liew
"The default focus ring works. There are problems with it, but it can be good enough, especially if you can't dedicate time and energy to create a custom focus ring."
- Automated (and Guided!) Accessibility Audits with axe Pro | CSS-Tricks
"Anybody can answer questions from a guided tour like this. It's extremely helpful to be hand-held through thinking about these important aspects of your site."
- Announcing the webhint v1 browser extension for Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog
"webhint now uses axe-core version 3.3.2, giving us a great performance boost. Browser extension scans now take and average of 9 seconds. We've also added hints for inline SVG styles, bug fixes, and more!"