Diigo Bookmarks 08/09/2019
- Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Googlebot evergreen rendering in our testing tools
"Our testing tools reflect how Googlebot processes your pages as closely as possible. With the update to the new Googlebot, we had to update them to use the same renderer as Googlebot."
- Default accessibility semantics for custom elements - Chrome Platform Status
"With this feature, custom element authors can use ElementInternals to set a custom element's default accessibility role, states, and properties, much like the default accessibility semantics for native elements."
- The Layer-Cake Pattern of Scanning Content on the Web
"When headings and subheadings visually stand out on the page and are descriptive, users engage in an efficient scanning pattern that allows them to quickly find the information that they need."
- Should websites be accessible to everyone? Domino's says no
"Domino's argues that because there are no regulations about what accessibility means for an online site, the current ruling would open up many companies to more litigation."
- Is your public sector website prepared for new regulations? | AbilityNet
"The regulations state that websites, apps and documents meet a European standard called EN 301 549, which is aligned to WCAG 2.1 Level AA."
- Users Hate Change (Video)
"Any time you release a new user interface design, you'll get complaints. This doesn't mean that the new design is worse than the old design; it simply means that it's new, and users don't like to learn different ways of doing things. Tips for reducing change aversion (you can't avoid it completely)."
- 6 Months Designing With Figma
"Design files are now accessible to everyone. Marketing, engineering, product, executives, anyone on the team. You don't have to export and figure out a good way to send it. You don't have to ask them to download an application or sign up for a trial."