Diigo Bookmarks 05/26/2019
- Static web - back to the roots? · Callr Tech Blog
"This article goes back to the early years of the web to understand why dynamic websites are so prevalent today. Then, we consider what static websites bring in terms of performance, editing speed, and organic results."
- The difference between keyboard and screen reader navigation - Tink
"Apart from things like live regions, screen readers only speak the content they're focused on, and here we need to draw an important distinction: keyboard focus and screen reader focus are not the same thing!"
- What's Happening With GDPR And ePR? Where Does CookiePro Fit In? -- Smashing Magazine
"Although they're separately defined, it's best to think of ePR as an enhancement of GDPR. So, not only do businesses have to take care with data collected from individuals, the ePR says that they have to be careful with protecting the identity of individuals, too."
- Short note on prefers-reduced-motion and puzzled (Windows) users | TPG - Digital Accessibility Solutions
"After some initial head scratching, it became clear that these developers had explicitly turned off animations in Windows - not because of any motion sickness or similar discomfort caused by animations, but purely for performance and/or aesthetic reasons."
- A Deep Dive into Native Lazy-Loading for Images and Frames | CSS-Tricks
- Change Color of SVG on Hover | CSS-Tricks
"There are a lot of different ways to use SVG. Depending on which way, the tactic for recoloring that SVG in different states or conditions -- :hover, :active, :focus, class name change, etc. -- is different. Let's look at the ways."